This months recipe is a simple version of that Thai staple – Pad Thai. Easy enough to prepare in the kitchen of your luxury Phuket villa, yet intricate enough to serve up to guests, it’s an all round winner!
Ingredients: 25g thick rice noodles; 3 tbsp lime juice; ½ tsp cayenne pepper; 2 tsp light muscovado sugar; 2 tbsp fish sauce; 2 tbsp vegetable oil; 200g cooked and peeled tiger prawns with tails; 4 spring onions, sliced; 140g beansprouts; 25g salted peanuts, finely chopped; small handful of coriander leaves; 2 limes, cut into wedges; sweet chilli sauce.
1. Place the noodles in a large heat resistant dish, pour boiling water over them and leave for 4 minutes, then drain and rinse in cold running water.
2. In a separate bowl mix the lime juice, cayenne pepper, sugar and fish sauce. Make sure that the remainder of the ingredients are prepared and close to hand for the next stage.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the prawns and heat until they are cooked through.
4. Add the spring onions and noodles and toss.
5. Add the lime juice mixture, then mix in the beansprouts and half the peanuts and coriander. Cook for 1 minute until everything is heated through
6. Pour into a large server, scatter the remainder of the peanuts and coriander over the top, and serve with lime wedges and sweet chilli sauce.
The perfect Phuket meal!